MICE - Genuine Ourense
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that is downloaded to the user’s terminal equipment for the purpose of storing data. This data can be updated and retrieved by the entity responsible for its installation.
Below, we indicate the types of existing cookies according to the entity that manages them:
- Own cookies: these are those that are sent to the user’s computer from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself, from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s computer from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another external entity that processes the data obtained with cookies.
According to their purpose, cookies can be classified into the following types:
- Technical cookies: are those that enable the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services it offers, including those that the editor uses to allow the management and operational function of the web page and enable the its functions and services, such as, for example, controlling data communication and traffic, identifying the session, carrying out the purchase process of an order, managing payment, making the request for registration or participation in an event, or sharing content through social networks. Also belonging to this category, due to their technical nature, are those cookies that make it possible to manage the advertising spaces that, as another design element of the service offered to the user, the editor includes on a web page, application or platform based on different criteria , without collecting user information for different purposes.
- Preference or personalization cookies: these are those that allow the user to remember information so that the user can access the service with certain characteristics that can differentiate their experience from that of other users: the language or the number of results to display in a search, among others. If it is the user who chooses these characteristics, cookies will be exempt from the obligations of article 22.2 of the LSSI as they are considered a service expressly requested by the user, as long as the cookies obey exclusively the selected purpose.
- Analysis or measurement cookies: these are those that enable the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze user behavior, including accounting for the impact of advertisements. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, applications or platforms, with the purpose of including improvements based on the analysis of the site usage data.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: are those that store information about the behavior of users, which is obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits. This allows you to develop a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Below are the types of cookies according to the time period they remain active:
- Session cookies: are those designed to store data while the user accesses a web page. They are used to store information that is only interesting to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion. They disappear at the end of the session.
- Persistent cookies: they are those in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be processed for a certain period of time defined by the person responsible for the cookie.
What type of cookies are used on this page?
On this website, techniques of analysis and use of data obtained through Google Analytics technology are applied.
How can you configure your cookies?
- In the Internet Explorer browser: Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings. For more information, see Microsoft Support or your browser’s Help.
- In the Firefox browser: Tools > Options > Privacy > History > Custom Settings. For more information, see Mozilla Support or the browser’s Help.
- In the Google Chrome browser: Settings > Show advanced options > Privacy - > Content settings. For more information, see Google Support or Browser Help.
- No navegador de Safari: Preferencias > Seguridade. For more information, see Apple Support or your browser’s Help.
- In the Opera browser: Settings > Options > Advanced > Cookies. For more information, you can consult Opera or the browser’s Help.
If you use a different browser than the above, see your own policy for installing, using and blocking cookies.
What happens if you disable cookies?
Some of the features of the Services and Areas of this website may not function properly if you disable cookies.
Have we updated our Cookies Policy?